Re: DocBook/SGML tools broken?

On Wednesday, April 17, Susan Kleinmann wrote:
> Roger Leigh wrote:
>
> >I hope it's appropriate to ask this here.  Are the DocBook/SGML/jade
> >tools functional currently in Debian (testing and unstable)?  I ask
> >because they recently broke in my testing and unstable installations:
>
> I noticed that I had to change my stylesheets (i.e., the ones that
> 'import' the docbook stylesheets) when the docbook-xsl package got
> upgraded a few weeks ago.  One thing I had to do was to add a line
> that said:
>   <xsl:param name="using.chunker" select="1"/>
> to my stylesheet that was supposed to generate chunky output.

That may indeed be the case. Also note that XT is no longer supported
by the version 1.50 XSL stylesheets, which I package.

However, none of this should have anything to do with the
DocBook/SGML/Jade setup, which uses the dsssl stylesheets, not the xsl
stylesheets. The only thing that pops into my head is that the
location of the dsssl stylesheets changed awhile back from

  /usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/dsssl/nwalsh/

  /usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/dsssl/modular/

but that shouldn't matter because the scripts use the catalog system
to find the dsssl stylesheets.

The db2xxx scripts used to be part of the cygnus-stylesheets package,
which has now been absorbed and obsoleted by the docbook-utils
package. Christian Marillat (marillat@debian.org) maintains that
package and may better be able to answer your questions.

It had been working for me, but I haven't used those scripts in quite
a while.  I wish I could offer more help.

> I also noticed that the table-of-contents generation for qandaset's
> seems to have changed.  I can't remember exactly what adjustments I made
> to compensate for that, but can try to figure it out later this week
> if you haven't discovered the answer by then.

Thanks Susan. I've seen a number of posts about the qandaset/TOC issue
on the docbook-apps list. You (or others) might want to search the
archives to see if you come up with anything:

 http://sources.redhat.com/ml/docbook-apps/

Cheers,
Mark