Re: xml catalogs

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 01:20:01PM +0200, David N. Welton wrote:
> Question #2 - I have an .xsl file which would benefit from a similar
> speedup:
>
>  <xsl:import
>   href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.48/html/docbook.xsl"/>
>
>   <!-- <xsl:import
>   href="/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/html/docbook.xsl"
>   /> -->
>
> But the versions seem to be different (nwalsh vs 1.48), and infact, it
> seems to ignore the local copy.
>
> Is there a way around this?

  With XML Catalogs, yes you can associate an URI prefix to redirect
it to a given catalog hierarchy and/or to remap it to another URI possibly
on the local disk. I don't think it's possible with SGML Catalogs.
The XML Catalogs building scripts I wrote do this.
  Related MUST READ resources are:
     http://xmlsoft.org/catalog.html
     http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/docbook.html

Daniel