Re: xml catalogs

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 05:32:56PM -0400, Mark Johnson wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 9, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> Hi Daniel!

> >   Yep, that's the place where this should be "fixed" then the distros will
> > follow. Note taht the latest Mandrake builds the XML catalogs when installing
> > resources and that the packages in Red Hat latest beta do the same.
>
> We (debian) need to get something similar in place ASAP. Can you recommend any
> good contacts at RH or Mandrake?

 Use the source luke ! Seriously entities are added to the catalogs
in the preinstall and postinstall scripts. Tim Waugh made them based
on my initial experiments and the xmlcatalog binary from libxml2.

> (We might wanna move this over to the LSB-xml-sgml list...)

 Maybe still a tad bit too technically advanced ATM. But certainly
something to bring to the table when starting to move forward on
technical issues. I will also pop there the concern I and Norm Walsh
share about keeping XML resources in /usr/share/sgml.

Daniel