RFC: Proposed Process Model for LSB-XML/SGML completion

Hi All,

Following my signature below is a post I made to the LSB-XML/SGML mailing
list. Thought some members of debian-sgml might be interested in participating.

FYI: you can post to the LSB-XML/SGML mailing list by sending a message to:

  <lsb-xml-sgml@dulug.duke.edu>

Or by subscribing to the list at:

Thanks,
Mark
_____________________________________
Mark Johnson        <mark@duke.edu>
Debian SGML         <mrj@debian.org>
Home Page:          <http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/>
GPG fp: 50DF A22D 5119 3485 E9E4  89B2 BCBC B2C8 2BE2 FE81

Hi All,

I've been in touch with Scott McNeil at the Free Standards Group about resuming
work on the lsb xml/sgml subspec.

If all goes well, we'll officially become a Working Group under the direction of
FreeStandards, with funding for me to devote full-time effort to managing the
process[1]. In practical terms, this means that I will serve as Interim Working
Group Chair.

The first steps in this process[2] are to:

  a. establish support for my proposed process model[3] by soliciting comments
     via this list

  b. identify a number of core participants, as described in [2]

Please have a look at my proposed administrative structure [3] and post your
comments to this list.

The list of core participants is likely to be taken from those responding to
this RFC, in addition to the relatively small number of individuals who were
most active in previous posts to this list.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mark

[1] Note, however, that this does not neccessarily mean that I will serve as
    Chair of the resulting WG. That position will be decided by vote of the
    workgroup contributors after its formation.

[2] The procedure for establishing a new workgroup is outlined in an FSG policy
    document: http://www.freestandards.org/policy/fsg102-newworkgroup-draft.txt

[3] The process model I developed is described in the draft document:
        http://www.dulug.duke.edu/~mark/lsb-proposal/
    and lays out an administrative structure, policies for voting, conflict
    resolution, the formation of subcommittees, and suggests a number of other
    goals and/or policies.