Update of catalog file

I had the following error:

nsgmls -s  lug-dd.faq.sgml
nsgmls:/usr/lib/sgml/catalog:2:8:E: cannot open "/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/sgmltools/sgmltools.cat" (No such file or directory)
nsgmls:/usr/lib/sgml/catalog:2:8:E: cannot open "/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/sgmltools/sgmltools.cat" (No such file or directory)

SGML validation exited abnormally with code 1 at Sun Jan  6 14:57:36

this was because there is an old entry in /etc/sgml/catalog
After removing it by hand it worked fine.

I don't like the update-catalog script, because it needs to be handled
by the package maintainer. I would prefere it, if we would use the
foo.d/ method. Every package creates a file in the directory, and
update-catalog the catalog file from this directory.

What do you think?

Please CC to me, I am not on this list.

--
Open Source Software Solutions