Re: docbook-utils package

[...]

> Hi Christian,

> I say go ahead and package docbook-utils. Since it is/was intended to
> replace docbook-tools (aka cygnus-stylesheets in debian), try to make
> sure it doesn't conflict with cygnus stylesheets. Then again, it could
> 'replaces' cygnus stylesheets, too. If so, expect complaints from
> users looking for the db2html, etc., scripts.

> I guess Adam is really the guy to talk to about this though.

I'm the cygnus-stylesheets maintainer.

Here is my plan :

Make a docbook-utils who replace cygnus-stylesheets. When this new
package will be installed make a fake/empty cygnus-stylesheets who
depends only on docbook-utils.

Then make an announce in -devel and -gtk-gnome for these changes.

The cygnus-stylesheets package will be removed after the woody release.

How about docbook2man and docbk-xml2x who are included in docbook-utils ?

Christian