Re: ITP: lib-arbortext-java -- sgml catalog classes for xslt

/ Ian Zimmerman <itz@speakeasy.org> was heard to say:
| Let me rephrase my question:  Does saxon (as packaged by Mark) use
| public identifiers at all, out of the box?

Norm> Without some sort of additional entity resolver installed, no.
Norm> Saxon just calls (an) underlying XML parser and without a
Norm> resolver, it'll just use the system identifiers.

Well, how does one "install" such a thing (the arbortext classes are
an example, I suppose)?  Does that mean recompiling saxon?  The
documentation included with the arbortext classes seems to imply so,
but I am afraid my ignorance of Java is shining through here.

| I am married to Debian for now, which means plain old Open Catalog.

Norm> I will be very disappointed if the source license we arrive at isn't
Norm> acceptable to Debian. But I'm pretty sure it will.

But will Debian switch its system catalog to the new format?  That's
the question, and I doubt it, as other tools (like sp/nsgmls/jade)
wouldn't work with it.

Or is it compatible?

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
EngSoc adopts market economy: cheap is wasteful, efficient is expensive.