FW: LSB SGML/XML appendix: implementation on Debian

FYI:

--- Begin Message ---
Le Friday 18 May 2001 19:41, Mark Johnson a écrit :
> Eric Bischoff writes:
> > Is someone hearing me at all ? ;-)
>
> I'm still here :-)
>
> As long as we're talking about the LSB XML/SGML spec...
>
> While implementing the spec on Debian, we had to depart from the spec
> in a few places - mostly directory layout/naming policy.

Well, is debian supposed to be LSB-compliant? I don't think so, so no problem
;-).

> The most visible differences are directory layouts in /usr/share/sgml/

I know that you Debian guys were attached to your file-type oriented
structure (stylesheets vs entities vs dtds etc). The LSB one is a
DTD-oriented one (docbook vs html vs tei etc). I'm not too surprised that the
result mixes both approaches :-). Personally, I prefer to stick to only one
philosophy at once, but of course it's personal taste.

> and in /usr/share/sgml/docbook/

... and that you preferred hierarchies with several levels, while the LSB one
is very flat. Again, matter of tastes.

> Opinions?

Conflicting, but not so far away one with the other.

> If possible, we'd like to resolve the conflicts before LSB hits 1.0. :)

Oooofff... LSB is very close from 1.0.

> P.S. If there's interest, I can create an lsb-xml-sgml mailing list w/
> mailman archives in about 5 minutes. It would be in the duke.edu
> domain. (This docbook-tools list rejects many of my messages.)

Jorge, do you hear us? Would you agree?

| Éric Bischoff                              mailto:e.bischoff@noos.fr |

--- End Message ---
--