LSB SGML/XML appendix: implementation on Debian

Eric Bischoff writes:
> Is someone hearing me at all ? ;-)

I'm still here :-)

As long as we're talking about the LSB XML/SGML spec...

While implementing the spec on Debian, we had to depart from the spec
in a few places - mostly directory layout/naming policy.

I've been working on a doc that summarizes our implementation. It was
originally meant to serve as an draft guide for debian package
maintainers, but can also serve as a starting point for a discussion
about how to bring the debian implementation into compliance with the
spec.

The most visible differences are directory layouts in /usr/share/sgml/

 http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/debian/sgml/lsb-on-debian.html/deb-sgml-layout.html

and in /usr/share/sgml/docbook/

 http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/debian/sgml/lsb-on-debian.html/debian-docbook-layout.html

Opinions?

If possible, we'd like to resolve the conflicts before LSB hits 1.0. :)

Thanks,
Mark

P.S. If there's interest, I can create an lsb-xml-sgml mailing list w/
mailman archives in about 5 minutes. It would be in the duke.edu
domain. (This docbook-tools list rejects many of my messages.)

Mark Johnson
Senior Lecturing Fellow
111 Physics Bldg., Box 90305
Department of Physics