Re: Help: gnome-doc-tools

Jules Bean <jules@jellybean.co.uk> writes:

> What is the correct identifier for gdp-both.dsl?  Is it
>
> stylesheet/dsssl/docbook-gnome/gdp-both.dsl
>
> or
>
> stylesheet/dsssl/gnome-doc-tools/gdp-both.dls
>
> ?

the .dls must be a typo.

Ideally you follow the new layout, see
http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/debian/sgml/lsb-on-debian.html/index.html

I haven't yet moved docbook-stylesheets to this though.

> I plan to upload this gnome-doc-tools to unstable, though.  Which do
> you think makes sense?  Should it even provide its own db2html?

Probably not, unless there are a lot of makefiles out that that would
break.  But I'm not really a fan of db2html scripts at all anyway.
> It needs access to docbook.dsl, doesn't it?  So that presumably means
> it should depend on cygnus-stylesheets?

Yup.

> programs, where xyz is one of the (growing number) of docbook
> dialects, and abc is on of many output formats.
>
> Surely one program ought to be able to do all that?

Yah.  Well, a better technique actually is makefile rules.  I hate the
stupid little script that are just wrappers around Jade, but that's
just me.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>