Re: [SUMMARY] Divergance with LSB spec

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> / Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> was heard to say:
> | ** R003 Possible Bug
> |
> | In <URL:http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/gLSB/gLSB/sgmlr003.html>, they
> | recommend the distributed catalogs be named such as:
> |    /usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets-1.54/catalog
> |
> | Norm has pointed out that jade / openjade will be *forced* to use that
> | when it uses *any* of the files in that directory.
> |
> | Is this a known plus or a bug?  We're going to need to try it out and
> | find out.  Seems like a bug to me.
>
> It's a feature. See issue B of 9401:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/html/tr9401.html

Well, my question is whether it's a bug in the LSB spec to be
suggesting that delegated catalogs be named 'catalog', and sitting in
the directory with the DTDs and such.  Seems like a dangerous way to
unintentionally include catalogs which might be otherwise disabled.
It effectively removes control from the centralized and super
catalogs.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>