Re: [SID] Possible package problem with new sgml-base

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 04:17:00AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org> writes:
> > Gordon Sadler (gbsadler1@lcisp.com) wrote:
> > > I'm completely new WRT sgml and it's organization. However, after
> > > today's changes to sgml-base... it looks like you need symlinks in
> > > /etc/sgml to point to /usr/lib/{dtd,entities,stylesheet}.
>
> I would suggest not using that for a little while.

Ok can do. Just thought someone might want some feedback. As I'm not
doing anything 'mission critical' I run unstable. I like to tinker -)

> > > Trying to generate some html from sgml docbook source. I had to create
> > > those symlinks in order for it to find the dtd's, entities, and
> > > stylesheets correctly. Upon completion I received the following errors:
>
> Which errors?

The 'errors' was included in original message, a Traceback produced by
python via sgmltools.

> Really, Gordon, just don't use this stuff yet.  I dont' even ahve it
> installed, and I maintain much of the toolchain.  Wait 2 weeks at
> least.  Use the testing distro instead.
>
> > > I am trying something simple with some of the kde sgml stuff. In order,
> > > to get this to work I used:
> > > update-catalog --add --super /usr/share/apps/ksgmltools/catalog
>
> > Apparently sgmltools doesn't know how to process /etc/sgml/catalog,
> > i.e.  it probably doesn't understand the CATALOG directive.  A bug
> > report needs to be filed for this probably.
>
> That can't be it.  'sgmltools' uses Jade.
>

> > The /var/tmp thing I've no clue about.  I don't use sgmltools.
>
> Yah, file a bug.  It's doing something stupid.

Ok can do this as well, I just wasn't real sure what was going on. Maybe
the packaging changes, maybe the tools, maybe ... I'm definitely no
expert on sgml, still learning.

Thanks,

Gordon Sadler