docbook-xml & new packages

Folks,

In the interest of finishing these packages (so I can pass the skills
test), I propose some install locations for the "dual" packages that
use both current and upcoming policy. (I can always change them if
needed.)

The paths are based on my comments a few days ago.

DocBook-XML-derived DTDS
------------------------
Being customizations (or subsets) of the docbook-xml DTD, put these one
level below the docbook-xml dtd.

- Current layout:

Here's where I want to put them:

/usr/lib/sgml/dtd/docbook-xml/
                              4.1.2/     | numbers refer to full dbxml dtd
                              3.1.7/     |

                              jrefentry/
                                        1.0/      | jrefentry tree
                              simple/
                                        4.1.2.4/  | simplified tree
                                        4.1.1.1/  | starts here

                              website/            | website tree
                                        1.9/      | starts here

- New layout:

Same idea as above, but path to docbook-xml dtd is different

/usr/share/docbook/dtd/xml/docbook/
                                   4.1.2/
                                   3.1.7/

                                   jrefentry/
                                               1.0/     | jrefentry tree
                                   simple/
                                            4.1.2.4/    | etc., ...

This is reasonable. I think. The XSl stylesheets use the same idea.

The main point is this:

   both layouts should provide identical locations
   relative to the full docbook-xml dtd

If not, packaging will get an order of magnitude harder: some of these
DTDs need to locate the full docbook-xml dtd and must use paths (and
not FPIs) to do so. (Can't assume a catalog mechanism for XML.)

Mark

P.S. I'll post a message when I post the packages.