Re: packaging policy questions re new standard

Adam Di Carlo writes:

> > Mark, since you've got it all figured out for the new setup you seem to
> > me the good candidate to bring this all up with the LSB (as you were
> > planning to do initally).  Could you persue this?  Maybe with the help
> > of Norm?
>
> Before we do this, let's work out a consensus internally.  I like a
> lot of Mark's ideas, but I think they require a little thought.

I agree with Adam -- we should develop a consensus if at all possible.

And BTW, I wouldn't think of contacting LSB as a representative of
debian-sgml, unless directed to do so by as a result of at least some
group consensus.

Besides, we have to come to clear agreement as to what we want to say
(and maybe how to say it), as Adam's remarks suggest.

Mark