Re: DocBook - db2pdf and db2ps problems

Greetings,

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 08:31:52AM +0100, Henning Hansen wrote:

> >  - Graphics, especially for PDF output:
> >
> >    I have been adviced to use the PNG graphics format, but my version of
> >    the docbook tools (probably jadetex) does not know .png.
> >    OK, I can do without PNG, but worse is that I cannot find a way to
> >    include graphics in PDF files at all. PDF is also not known as a
> >    graphics format, and other formats don't work.

I am not sure how correct my information is, but here's how I have
managed to adapt to the graphics situation:

- I use pdfjadetex (from the jadetex package). It seems to produce
  somewhat smarter PDF with links etc.
- For vector graphics, I use PDF as a graphics format.
- For bitmaps, I use PNG.

If you are using jadetex instead, I think that the safest graphics
format is PS or EPS.

HTH,

-Sami

--