Re: cygnus docbook tools/util

Susan G. Kleinmann writes:
>I've downloaded Mark's package docbook-utils_0.6-2.deb, and
>it appears to name clash with files in docbook2man and docbk-xml2x.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I was only trying to jump-start a stronger
connection between the debian sgml implementation and the rpm-oriented
group.

I have no interest in maintaining this thing -- I did it to generate
discussion on the whole file structure issue. Which, BTW, should help
Ardo compose his draft...

>I've recently filed bug reports against the latter two packages, because it
>looks as if they should be merged.

I agree, the docbook2man developers are working with the
cygnus/caldera/kde guys (I think.), so it would make sense to follow
their lead.

>In any case, it looks as if it might
>be A Good Thing if docbook-utils were to incorporate the line:
>Conflicts: docbook2man, docbk-xml2x
>in its control file.

I'm all for Good Things. I'll make the change.