Re: cygnus docbook tools/util

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 03:54:03PM +0100, Domenico Andreoli wrote:

> i'm seriously thinking at resigning my intent to package docbook-tools
> or whatever. i still have grave diffuculties

> in understanding this mess.

What mess are you referring to? The docbook-utils, or package-making
in general?

> at the moment i am completely unable to produce any good package.

You could start by looking at someone else's package:
    apt-get source cygnus-stylesheet
and look at all the files, esp debian/rules.

> i think that anybody being ready to package something should do it. so please
> feel free to take over my intent, since i neither started to working on.

No, that wasn't at all my intent. I simply wanted to see if I could
 get the docbok-utils to work on debian w/o installing the rpms as
suggested here:
  http://i18n.kde.org/doc/install/debian.html
which would probably hose all other debian sgml stuff.

Keep at it. :-)

Mark

--

Mark Johnson