Re: docbook-slides deb available

"E.L. Willighagen" wrote:

> > I also packaged Norm's DocBook Slides DTD and named it docbook-slides.
>
> i see that you're working hard on packaging everything,

Not really, I packaged this stuff a while ago because we use it. Now I'm slowly
improving the packages so that they can eventually make it into debian.

They are missing some important things (e.g. changelog.Debian), but I view this
as a chance to see if anyone cares to use them, test them, send bugs, etc.. They
work fine, and I don't have the time right now to figure out some of the more
technical aspects of the packaging system. But if there's sufficient interest
I'll do what I can to address the debian-specific minutiae. I applied for
maintainership, but I have a feeling the process will take a long time.

IMHO, Debian would really benefit from a collection of DocBook XML publishing
tools that (1) are up-to-date,  (2) make it easy* to create valid documents, and
(3) make publishing easy, as well.

(*for a user at the level of, say, xemacs. I know this is possible because we've
easily trained a number of non-technical student employees who quickly became
productive. )

> but do the include

> documentation as well?

 They include everything in Norm's distribution packages. Sometimes I even write
a lame page on how to make the stuff work.

When appropriate, the packages also have doc-base entries. They show up in both
dhelp and dwww menus.

At the docbook shopper's paradise: http://nwalsh.com

> is it GPL or FDL?

I dunno. Norm's copyright applies to his stuff. But I haven't bothered licensing
my mini-docs yet. FDL, would be the choice. I'll eventually get there.

Thanks for your feedback.

Mark