Re: website.dtd: unofficial package

Michael Wiedmann <mw@miwie.in-berlin.de> writes:

> Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> wrote on 001128 21:30:
> > Is anyone working on simplified docbook-xml ?
>
> I don't know.

Ok.  If anyone wants to do this feel free.  It used to be part of
docbook-xml.

> > Are there any working copies of website dtd yet?
>
> There is a package at: http://www.dulug.duke.edu/~mark/latest/

Excellent.

> IMO there are still some points to discuss with Mark (which I already
> posted to debian-sgml a few days ago):

Ok, repeating, but here I go:

> - is the chosen path correct:
>   /usr/lib/sgml/dtd/docbook-website-17/
>   I'd prefer to omit the version no. in the last part _or_ add an
>   additional subdir with the version no. (e,g, 1.7 or 1.8)

What I do with docbook-xml:

   /usr/lib/sgml/dtd/docbook-xml/4.1.2
   /usr/lib/sgml/dtd/docbook-xml/3.1.7

(it ships with a 3.x version and a 4.x version).

> - the same could be done for the XSL stylesheets

Yup.  Probably less reason to version these than the DTDs though.  The
reason to version the DTDs is that you can avoid breaking backwards
compat with older versions.

> - Mark added the following question:
>   "... about the links in /etc/sgml/catalog.d/: what's the
>   policy on these?"

We're waiting for a new sgml-base.  Ardo  is working on that.  There
is a policy formulated outside of DEbian we are going to adhere to.
See the docbook-tools mailing list -- forgot the URL for that...

> Could you please give us your opinion on these questions (maybe after
> reading the thread "website.dtd" in debian-sgml around 22-25 Nov 2000)

Included.