Re: docbook 4.x obsoletes DocBook-XML

Eliot Landrum <eliot@landrum.cx> writes:

> It is not XML "enabled" .. there are two distinct packages distributed from Oasis-Open.org:
>
> 	http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/sgml/4.1/docbk41.zip
> 	http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1/docbkx41.zip
>
> In fact, there are two distinct DTDs referenced:
>
> 	<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.1//EN">
> 	<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1//EN">

Knowing Norm Walsh and how they operate, I'm sure these are released
together and shall be in the future.

I dunno; I guess I ought to merge docbook-xml from the docbook
packages now on Oasis.  It's kinda a drag to have two different, and
both overbusy maintainers (Eichin and me) for the very closely related
docbook packages.

Are there any takers of folks who have more time than me to perhaps
take over both packages?