Re: State of the Art wrt XML/XSL.

On Saturday 15 July 2000, at 15 h 33,
the keyboard of Michael Koehne <kraehe@copyleft.de> wrote:

>   default perl for Debian. To use Perl 5.6 is a requirement for
>   any serious XML work, because of `use utf8;`.

You criticize very loudly Debian's handling of CPAN modules and, while I don't know if you are right about CPAN (because you provide no details), this claim is obviously ridiculous: I handle XML daily with Perl 5.005. Where did you see that UTF8 is mandatory for the XML author? Do you really use an UTF8 editor, for instance?