Re: pdfjadetex.fmt and jadetex.fmt " missing"

Howard Mann <howardm@xmission.com> writes:

> Thanks to Stephane, I found the "solution" :
>
> I ran the postinst script for jadetex, and the files were created.
>
> ( I thought this would happen " automatically" upon installation of
> the .deb package)

Hmm!  Postinst does run automatically.  Are you sure that jadetex was
marked as completely installed?  I tried to setup the jadetex postinst
such that if it failes to produce the .fmt files, it exits with an
error (thus the pkg would not be marked fully installed).

Normally in this situation, it would be helpful if you file a bug
against the package (here, 'jadetex') with full details and a complete
install log.  I don't know if it's too late to do that now...