Re: pdfjadetex.fmt and jadetex.fmt " missing"

On Thursday 30 December 1999, at 10 h 16, the keyboard of Howard Mann
<howardm@xmission.com> wrote:

> I ran the postinst script for jadetex, and the files were created.
>
> ( I thought this would happen " automatically" upon installation of
> the .deb package)

It should. It means something went wrong (a disk was full?) during the installation. But it will be difficult to know what.

Remember that 'postinst' are supposed to be idempotent which means you can always run them afterwards, if something was not completely done.