Re: pdfjadetex.fmt and jadetex.fmt " missing"

Howard Mann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have successfully created HTML from my HOWTO.sgml using the "cygnus"
> scripts.
>
> ( I downloaded the "cygnus-stylesheets" package. I use Slink. I did
> not upgrade my Jadetex package.)
>
> However, conversion to pdf and ps failed as follows:
>
> bash-2.01$ db2pdf tronlineDOC.sgml
> Using stylesheet:
> "/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/docbook/cygnus/cygnus-both.dsl"
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-0.12r (Web2C 7.2)
> I can't find the format file `pdfjadetex.fmt'!
>
> and
>
> bash-2.01$ db2ps tronlineDOC.sgml
> Using stylesheet:
> "/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/docbook/cygnus/cygnus-both.dsl"
> OUTPUT FILE NAME IS tronlineDOC.dvi
> This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.2)
> I can't find the format file `jadetex.fmt'!
> This is dvips(k) 5.82 Copyright 1998 Radical Eye Software
> (www.radicaleye.com)
> dvips: ! DVI file can't be opened.
>
> The .Tex file is produced in both cases.
>
> I'd appreciate help.  Thanks.

Thanks to Stephane, I found the "solution" :

I ran the postinst script for jadetex, and the files were created.

( I thought this would happen " automatically" upon installation of
the .deb package)

All is well.

Cheers,

--

Howard Mann                   Online Troubleshooting Resources: HOWTO
http://www.newbielinux.com    http://www.xmission.com/~howardm/t1.html