Re: sgmltools: v1 and v2

Hi. sorry for late responding,,,

In article <199908211929.VAA06147@ludwigV.sources.org>
 Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@debian.org> writes:

> On Thursday 19 August 1999, at 23 h 11,
> Taketoshi Sano <xlj06203@nifty.ne.jp> wrote:
>
> > When we write our original documents, maybe we should try to use
> > DocBook DTD. Before that, I need the good tutorial ,,,
>
> The main problem with DocBook is the lack of serious documentation (not
> two-pages "tutorials"). That's funny for a standard on documentation :-{
>
> Norm Walsh's book, supposed to appear in september (O'Reilly editor) may be
> will solve the problem.

I added the following pointers into my brief note for JF people
(which can be seen from http://www.linux.or.jp/JF/JFdocs/sgmlnote.html,
though it is written in Japanese):

    (the tutorials for DocBook DTD)
    <itemize>
    <item><url url="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/";
       name="The DocBook DTD">
    <item><url url="http://nis-www.lanl.gov/~rosalia/mydocs/docbook-intro.html";
       name="DocBook intro">
    <item><url url="http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/docproj-primer/book.html";
       name="Nik Clayton, FreeBSD Documentation Project Primer for New Contributors">
    <item><url url="http://www.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/docbook/t1.htm";
       name="John Shipman, How to write documentation with DocBook">
    <item><url url="http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber/docbook/";
       name="John Fieber, DocBook Resources">
    </itemize>

    (the command to convert from the LinuxDoc DTD to DocBook DTD)
    <code>
     sgmltools -b ld2db
    </code>

    (the pointers for usage of jade)
    <itemize>
    <item><url url="http://www.wi.LeidenUniv.nl/~jdassen/onderwijs/stuva/debug/";
       name="an (English) example of jade usage">
    </itemize>

    (and your (Stephane's) sample of makefile and html.dsl.)

Thank you for those infomations. I am now planning to learn the usage
of DocBook DTD, and convert my documents (including the brief note above)

# I have to do JP-Merge currently, so it will be the next year
# when I can do it,,,,

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>