Re: Sven Rudolph: Re: still looking for someone to adopt sgml-tools?

On Saturday 28 August 1999, at 6 h 21, the keyboard of Adam Di Carlo
<adam@onshore.com> wrote:

> BTW, this reminds me.  I always thought that Norm called DocBook DocBk
> because docbkxml is 8 characters.

I always thought it was a pun on the two omitted characters (which were
typically 'o') in the ELEMENT declaration?

> I wonder...  do you think I should have named the package docbk
> instead of docbook-xml ?

No advice. I would say "When in doubt, follow the upstream author".