Re: resurrecting sgml-base

Hi,
>>"Adam" == Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

 Adam> I'm in a pretty good position to propose changes to the
 Adam> standard.  All I need is a critique of it...

        Well, one of the flaws of the cat dir/* > some_file schemes is
 that the directory may well contain cruft -- from dpkg (*.dpkg-old,
 *.dpkg-new, *.dpkg-dist), from the user making changes (*~), etc. It
 would also be nice if one were able to make backup copies like
  cp something something.bak (I know one could move it to another dir,
  but then one has to remember where, and one can't see what else one
  has saved).

        I want to make the catalog file be constructed out of
 /etc/sgml/catalog.d/*.cat files, and the new sgml-base will have a
 script that does that.

        manoj
--
 Given its constituency, the only thing I expect to be "open" about
 [the Open Software Foundation] is its mouth. John Gilmore