jade and TeX output (Was: ITP: xslj, a XSL processor (XSL is one of the stylesheet format of XML)

On Monday 28 June 1999, at 15 h 49, the keyboard of Adam Di Carlo
<adam@onshore.com> wrote:

> For one thing, yes, it does use LaTeX, yes, it does use babel and all
> the other latex i18n stuff, no, you never want to "use packages you're
> used to" anyway because you aren't really intended to edit the TeX
> produced by the TeX/FOT backend.

I must confess I do not understand the above sentence. Certainly, "jade -t tex" output is not LaTeX at all (try feeding LaTeX with it) and does not use babel (jadetex prints nothing about babel). Could you explain? I would certainly be happy to process DocBk documents written in French, with proper hyphenation...

ezili:~/infosystems/XML/DSSSL> latex simple.tex
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.2)
(simple.tex
LaTeX2e <1998/06/01>
Babel <v3.6j> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german, nohyphenation, loaded.
! Undefined control sequence.
l.1 \FOT
        {2}\Node%
?