packages seek adopters: docbook2man, dsssl-spec, mathml

<URL:http://shell.ipoline.com/~elmert/comp/docbook2X/>

  DocBook RefEntry to ROFF / texinfo converter.  Yes!  Allows the
  generation of man pages from DocBook!  Based in Perl / SGMLsmp --
  should be a snap to package.  Actively maintained.

DSSSL Specification:

  Henry Thompson created a digest of the DSSSL standard, avialable at
  <URL:ftp://ftp.ornl.gov/pub/sgml/WG8/DSSSL/digest.htm>

  All the raw materials for the standard are in
  <URL:ftp://ftp.ornl.gov/pub/sgml/WG8/DSSSL/>

  The copyright of this information is under some dispute.  I believe
  the Department of Energy lays claim to this standard, since
  government money was involved in it's inception.  AFAIK, government
  funded software/specs are under public domain.  However, the ISO is
  talking and the situation is obscure.  Debian-legal advice would be
  needed.  At any rate, I think packaging the DSSSL spec itself would
  be useful.  I have more DSSSL spec related URLs too.

MathML <URL:http://www.nag.co.uk/projects/openmath/mml-files/>

  Math Markup language, DTDs, DSSSL, examples.  Is supposed to
  function already with our existing infrastructure, including jade,
  jadetex, etc.  Should be easy to package.  I'm not a math guy, so I
  can't volunteer (on the principle that packagers should also be
  users).

  I've seen critiques of this sometimes as an example of how *not* to
  design a DTD, but I don't know -- maybe it's been improved.