Re: ITP: xslj, a XSL processor (XSL is one of the stylesheet format of XML)

On Sunday 27 June 1999, at 14 h 0, the keyboard of Adam Di Carlo
<adam@onshore.com> wrote:

> I don't know if I agree with that.  If you are assuming a blank slate
> w.r.t. DSSSL, you should also assume a blank slate w.r.t. Perl or
> Java.  The fact is, DSSSL is much easier than Perl.

If you assume a blank state, may be. But you have already far more people who
already program in Perl|Java|Python than in DSSSL.

> an extremely powerful technique for document processing.  Finally, I
> agree with Stallman than Scheme is a nicer, easier, cleaner language
> than pretty much anything out there.

I know Scheme myself but it didn't help me for DSSSL which is difficult to
grasp, even for a Scheme programmer.

--
Stephane Bortzmeyer
http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/