Re: amd64 running on Intel Celeron and Pentium?

On Sun, 17 Apr 2022, Friedhelm Waitzmann wrote:
> > > You mean, that it is possible to run amd64 on my old hardware

I had quite a lot of trouble mapping this a long time ago for
intel-microcode.  I ended up using several sources including, but not
limited to: ark.intel.com, the processor specification datasheets
available at intel.com, and boot logs.  And ark.intel.com proved to not
be correct at least once from what little I recall.

So, FWIW, according to the work I did at that time:

> > > cpu family      : 6
> > > model           : 22
> > > model name      : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU          440  @ 2.00GHz
> > > stepping        : 1

sig 0x10661, 64-bit capable, latest public microcode update: rev 0x43

> > > cpu family      : 15
> > > model           : 2
> > > model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
> > > stepping        : 4

sig 0xf24, 32-bit only, latest public microcode update: rev 0x20.

--
  Henrique Holschuh