Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 5113-1] firefox-esr security update

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 09:52:13PM +0200, Elmar Stellnberger wrote:

> >>  Where can I get this from for buster and architecture i386?
> >> <http://security.debian.org/debian-security/dists/buster/updates/main/binary-i386/Packages.xz>
>
> >>  does not have it.
> >
> > The Firefox ESR91 series triggers an internal compiler error
> > with the GCC version included in Debian 10, so there's no build
> > available currently.
> >
> > There's one for Debian 11 (where GCC builds it correctly), but
> > I'd instead suggest to switch to amd64 instead.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >         Moritz
> >

>   Could it be that also other programs are affected by this issue?
> I have been building Coan (one of my programs) recently on the OBS and it
> did not build on Debian10/i586 giving an error at /usr/lib/qt5/bin/moc. The
> amd64 target did build well. Since all reasonable Qt programs use moc (Qt´s
> meta object compiler, see: signals) that would then mean that none of the Qt
> programs would build. Can that be true?

  I am still using Mageia 7 on an old PIV of mine and it has a
similar gcc. Neither does there appear to be a problem with
Firefox. Anyone knows if the same issue appears with other
distros as well?

Deb 11: gcc 10.2.1-1
Deb 10: gcc 8.3.0-1
Mg 7:   gcc-8.4.0-1

Deb10: firefox 91.8.0esr-1
Mg 7:  firefox 78.11.0-1

P.S.:
  The moc error message I get with Debian 10 for Coan is the following:
[  244s] usr/include/c++/8/bits/stl_relops.:67: Parse error at "std"