Re: sources.list 4 bullseye-security

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 04:52:26PM -0400, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (This email originally appears on
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2021/05/msg00017.html )
>
> 在 2021-05-15星期六的 12:47 +0200,Harald Dunkel写道:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Obviously
> >
> >         https://wiki.debian.org/NewInBullseye
> > and
> >         https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/errata
> >
> > disagree about the bullseye-security entry in sources.list. Not to
> > mention that the deb-src line is missing on both.
>
> TL;DR: Both will work:
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main
> deb http://security.debian.org/ bullseye-security main
>
> Besides, I believe end users are not supposed to know deb-src line for
> security repos. Adding such info provides zero benefit except for confusing
> users.
>
> > I would highly appreciate a web page listing a full sources.list
> > file for bullseye,
>
> I am forwarding your email to the security team in case they want a unified
> format on Debian webpages (www.debian.org and wiki.debian.org). Please contact
> the Debian WWW Team if a change is needed.

Please use the form which is used in the release-notes:

https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#security-archive

I have pushed
https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/commit/4ca2253325130f7e96bf2644d31cf5a95fdf7bcc
.

Once bullseye will be released the example sources.list entry in
https://www.debian.org/security/#keeping-secure will need to be
adapted as well to match bullseye's sources.list entry for the
security archive.

Regards,
Salvatore