Re: "Version less than 0.0" in OVAL definitions

On Mon, 17 May 2021 at 19:58, Serkan Özkan <serkan@vulniq.com> wrote:
Hello Seb,
For some reason I didn't receive your email but saw it on the mailing list archive page.
OVAL definitions are important for us and we would like to fix them if possible. Can you please let me know where the code is?

Hi Serkan,

I believe the latest version of the code for the OVAL definitions generation is in the source code of the website, more specifically in this directory: https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/blob/master/english/security/oval/generate.py. An older version was the Perl script I developed (at https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/blob/master/english/security/parse-wml-oval.pl) which is not functional anymore.

To generate the definitions, you need to have a copy of all the Debian Security Advisories, which is available in the web source repository (at https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/tree/master/english/security).

Hope the above helps.

Javier