Re: fun with mailinglists (was Re: Is chromium updated?)

John Runyon (Fri 2020-11-13 05:26:56 -0500) :
> Why do we have such messages on the security mailing list? Is there a way to
> get actual security team announcements without all this spam?

Yes, there is such a list [1]. This list [2] is for (quote):

    Discussion about security issues, including cryptographic issues,
    that are of interest to all parts of the Debian community.

    Please note that this is NOT an announcement mailing list. If
    you're looking for security advisories from Debian, subscribe to
    debian-security-announce instead.

    This list is not moderated; posting is allowed by anyone.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-security/

--
Emmanuel