Reintroducing openjdk-8 for Bullseye?

Dear Security Team

The package nvidia-cuda-toolkit (non-free) ships some Java-based
visual tools; Nvidia Visual Profiler and Nsight Eclipse Edition, which
require the OpenJDK 8 JRE.

When Debian switched default-jre, we started to ship Nvidia's bundled
JRE as nvidia-openjdk-8-jre (see #900300).

As of nvidia-cuda-toolkit 10.1.243, upstream stopped shipping the
bundle JRE, and expect users to download it directly from Oracle.  We
are considering our options, and one which is very attractive for us
is for openjdk-8 to be reintroduced for Bullseye, but the question is
who gets to maintain it?

Please let us know your thoughts.

Regards
Graham