Re: debcheckroot v2.0 released

Am 04.04.20 um 09:47 schrieb Elmar Stellnberger:
Am 02.04.20 um 16:49 schrieb Elmar Stellnberger:
Am 02.04.20 um 01:57 schrieb Paul Wise:
On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 6:01 PM vince@vheuser.com wrote:

Did the discussion of continuing support for DANE end??

In case I mislead anyone, a clarification:

Debian itself isn't going to actively work on removing support for
DANE from anything nor removing our DANE/DNSSEC records.

Support for DANE is never going to happen for the web (given the
opinions of the major browser makers) and it could disappear in other
upstream projects as the popularity of DoH/DoT and other things in the
DNS space eclipse DANE/DNSSEC. Should that happen to the software
Debian uses for DNS/DANE, we may be forced to drop our DANE/DNSSEC
records.

What software is currently used for DNSSEC/DANE by Debian?
What do you mean by DoH/DoT?

Dear Paul,

  Can you answer us that question: What software does Debian use that supports DANE? I do not know of any except dig and drill.

Yours,
Elmar Stellnberger

ping