Re: debcheckroot v2.0 released

On 11/27/19, Elmar Stellnberger <estellnb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 25.11.19 um 12:35 schrieb Patrick Schleizer:
>> Yes, forget about NSA and alike. Let's not assume quasi-omnipotent
>> attackers. That leads to defeatist mindset which isn't productive.
>
>    I would not let myself be defeated easily. Who has thought about
> emails in your inbox which are deleted before you can see them? Easily
> doable. They would just need to know your password. Or about outgoing
> emails which do not reach their target. As far as I have learnt to know
> it you can see them in the sent folder but they never appear on the
> other side, not even in the spam-box. The worse thing is however if
> someone wants to contact you and you do not even know about it, the
> other one just thinking you did not reply.

There have been two situations that, no, I can't name just this
second, so this is anecdotal material *until I stumble back upon* the
very real cases, BUT...

Twice in the last maybe six months, there has been chatter about the
receiving end's server(s) stopping the flow of incoming emails for
unknown reasons. The occurrences were purely "glitches", NOT on
purpose. It was either machine failure or accidentally
Human-instigated mis-code or something that provoked the situations.

End users found out when a sudden flood of sometimes OLD email
suddenly hit their email inboxes. The last one was just in last few
weeks. If and when I re-encounter that information, I'll post for
posterity. :)

As for the once formerly viewed and then now missing emails, been
there, done there. Things being what they are in my own #Life, I've
most definitely... "wondered" how the emails "disappeared" when they
are NOT something I would have EVER deleted. It affects very few, less
than a handful of correspondences.

Sanity is found in realizing I have a VERY LARGE inbox.. and I'm
surely just not using the right words for my queries. I've convinced
myself that I'm using words that convey the same thoughts as the
original messages but are not a search string-friendly match for the
specific words that were originally written. :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with birdseed *