Re: Why no security support for binutils? What to do about it?

On Wed, 2020-01-01 at 10:29 +0100, Elmar Stellnberger wrote:

>    Up to now I did not see any notable effort to support malware reverse
> engineering under Linux. The only program I knew was boomerang for
> decompiling malware but it seems to be unsupported since long. I would
> really be in need of such software since I have plenty of images of
> rootkitted installations and tampered BIOS images (f.i. one does not
> boot via USB and does not allow BIOS updates; you can not get rid of it
> unless you flash the BIOS chip of you mainboard externally).

There are lots of such tools, examples:

peframe
Radare/Cutter
radare-uefi (not in Debian)
Ghidra (not in Debian)
RetDec (not in Debian)

If you want to package the missing ones, check out this:

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

--
bye,
pabs