Re: Why no security support for binutils? What to do about it?

On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 1:00 PM Florian Weimer wrote:

> Doesn't lintian on ftp-master use disposable VMs?

No mention of qemu/kvm in dak.git nor any qemu processes running on
ftp-master.d.o, so I don't think so.

> Some of its checks look inherently dangerous, e.g. the bash -n check for shell syntax.

What is dangerous about `bash -n`? IIRC that is supposed to not
execute shell code, but I guess you mean that the shell parsers in
Debian (bash/dash/etc) are particularly fragile? The same can probably
be said for the manual page checks and probably other parts of
lintian.

--
bye,
pabs