Go to the end of the line with options and add to the end I think shell=/bin/sh

I have it in a notebook  at work and will double check. I have used it to get by passwrods many times.

I wil post the answer in the AM

On 10/26/19 11:30 PM, stefano-niko.orzen@datacenter-architect.net wrote:
That's a killer. I had some similar issue some years ago. Bruteforce luks and the entire boot process is slow. So the whole thing cant take weeks or even months depending on the size of the password. After 4 weeks with an i7 and 8g of ram it barely made it pass the 5 or 6 character length tries. Make a clone of the luks header and run bruteforce luks as iso image on multiple computers. You might speed up the process.

Best Regards,
Stefano-Niko Orzen

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: I forgot my password and Debian need password when booting
From: Paul Wise
To: Mostaf Faridi
CC: debian-security@lists.debian.org

On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 8:51 PM Mostaf Faridi wrote:

> I installed Debian on HDD with encryption two years ago and when Debian want boot need password.
> I forgot that password.
> Do I have chance for recover my Data?

If you remember some part of your password it might be possible to use
the bruteforce-luks package to recover the full password, if that
fails then you will need to reinstall and restore data from any
backups you might have.

https://packages.debian.org/stable/bruteforce-luks
https://github.com/glv2/bruteforce-luks

--