Re: Intel Microcode updates

I am only guessing, but I think a possible explanation which resolves this
conundrum might be this:  The latest release page is saying that the latest
microcode package contains the latest microcode for this Core2 processor, which
is the version last updated on 2010-09-28.  Not changed, but still made
available in the 20190312 standard microcodes blob.  Maybe, only guessing.