Re: harbian-audit v0.2 for Debian "Stretch" 9 is released

On Thu, 2018-12-27 at 09:32 +0800, Shawn wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 1:06 AM Jim Popovitch <jim@k4vqc.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 2018-12-26 at 23:57 +0800, Samson wrote:
> > > https://github.com/hardenedlinux/harbian-audit/blob/master/docs/CI
> > > S_De
> > > bian_Linux_8_Benchmark_v1.0.0.pdf
> >
> > I'm curious,
> >
> > Does CIS know that you are distributing their published work?
> >

> Maybe not. We neither didn't notify them nor are CIS-suppoerts
> according to the definition:
>
> https://www.cisecurity.org/cis-controls-supporters/
>
> Maybe we should remove it from the repo. Do you have any suggestions?

IANAL, but I think the best course of action would be to contact the CIS
legal counsel and explain the situation and ask for their advice.  I'm
sure they will want to work with you to come to a mutually beneficial
agreement.

https://www.cisecurity.org/about-us/leadership/deirdre-ocallaghan/

-Jim P.