Re: What patches/packages to install for specific bugs.

On 29/11/2017 17:09, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

When doing an in-release upgrade it's usually not necessary to do
"upgrade" first, then "full-upgrade" (equivalent to dist-upgrade).

that is true, but I prefer to do an "upgrade" first because it is "safer" (it don't remove other packages) and than a "dist-upgrade" o "full-upgrade". I use the "-u" options to see what apt are doing and splitting the two operation I can see easily (there are less package) what it is doing

Ciao
Davide