Re: Will this iptables script work as an ip6tables script?

You can also try Ferm[1] for both of the IP domains in a single
configuration and load it automatic as systemd service in Debian[2].
I think is easier than maintaining a custom/autogenerated script, the
rules depend on what you want to do and the role of your system.

[1] http://ferm.foo-projects.org/
[2] https://packages.debian.org/stable/ferm

--
Thomas Kapoulas