Re: Some Debian package upgrades are corrupting rsync "quick check" backups

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 8:07:09 PM AEDT Santiago Vila wrote:
> IMO, if we want reproducible builds and we don't want this to happen,
> we should probably change the way we do binNMUs (where "change" could
> well be not doing binNMUs at all and always include full and exact
> source with every upload).

Why is it desirable to have bunNMUs anyway?  For small packages there's little
overhead in just rebuilding it on all architectures.  For complex packages I
think that it's best to avoid the potential problems of binNMUs in terms of
tracking changes etc.  Things like LibreOffice and the kernel are complex
enough without having binary changes that lack a changelog entry.