Re: Some Debian package upgrades are corrupting rsync "quick check" backups

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 11:00:32PM +0100, Lupe Christoph wrote:

> This problem may affect many other backups too. Did anybody research
> backup programs before this <expletive> was introduced to Debian?

This <expletive> is really the combination of two different things:

* The way we currently do binNMUs.
* Reproducible builds.

IMO, if we want reproducible builds and we don't want this to happen,
we should probably change the way we do binNMUs (where "change" could
well be not doing binNMUs at all and always include full and exact
source with every upload).

Thanks.