RE: Userdata stays in RAM after Logout and Relogin

<snip>
> > I wonder that the RAM used by the user isn't cleared after logout.
> >
> > My System:
> > Debian 8, Gnome Desktop currently used.
> > No major system modifications done
> >
> > I MIGHT NOT BE IN SECURITY MAILING LIST (I DON'T KNOW, HAD A FEW
> > PROBLEMS HERE), SO PLEASE SEND RESPONSE-EMAILS DIRECTLY TO
> > deb_mailinglist@niemeczek.at TOO.
> >
> Ram or graphic ram ?
> could be a bug in the video driver ?
>
> hervé

That's what I assumed when I read it: video driver bug.
It might also be a hardware issue, where graphic RAM is not
cleared on reset.  Or given the nature of video devices, perhaps a
combination of the two: a driver bug that expects certain generic
behavior combined with a device that expects a custom, proprietary,
vendor-provided driver to work correctly.

I have no idea whether H.N.'s system uses it, but I guess that
the USB graphic devices (DisplayLink et.al.) are probably prone
to this kind of issue, both on the displays that they connect to
and to the other displays on the primary graphics device.

Enjoy!

-- radzy