Re: Robustify manager_dispatch_notify_fd()

Hello Michael,

On 16-10-02 22:36:00, Michael Biebl wrote:
> The news about systemd crashing when getting a zero sized message
> on the notification socket made the rounds recently.  While v215 is
> not directly affected by this crash (the code to access messages of
> length=0 was added in v219)
[..]
> I would propose to fix this in stable via regular stable update but
> would appreciate if the debian-security team would comment on this.
> If they would prefer a security upload I'm happy to do that as well.

https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2016-7796 says all but
the version in sid are vulnerable to CVE-2016-7796 and reading

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/4234#issuecomment-250441246

this sounds still rather serious, so a security upload would be
appreciated.

Cheers
Wolfgang