Re: Which Debian packages leak information to the network?

hi

this is a very good plan.

my idea:

- make a new "info table" for all packages

"privacy data used by app "

- what exact meta data

- who gets the data ; if third who?

- how long ist the data saved and in which country

-->  write to all developers an email ,and ask them to fill out the
tables for their packages .Now and in future.

If they will not  do it , make a button "unsafe" or else...

This job should do the programmer,and a team
should control if their inputs are correct.

Ps.

This idea was sent to google and Mozilla ,too
But they dont want to write this infos to PLAY or Firefox Apps .
Because then users could see,what data is sniffed and will perhaps
stop millions to use it...

You know , privacy is not really wanted from some companies...

cheers